Discussion Board

Thread: SMS and WML

SMS and WML

is there any way to send SMS using WML. Please help me

Regular Contributor
    Hmm... well, I don't know of anyway standards or commercial servers for doing this. If others know, please input!

Sending SMS would need a connection to a SMSC (interface is usually CIMD or SMPP) or WAP Push Proxy Gateway. Refer to the guides on creating applications for CIMD or WAP Push at www.Forum.Nokia.com

You'll need to be creative to figure out the solution since this is not a standard functionality.
    What you could do is write an application that could be activated from your WML page... this application could then connect to a SMSC or WAP Push Proxy Gateway to send out an SMS message.

Have fun with it!
    ~ quyen / Forum Nokia

It could be done...

There are many web services which allow one to send an SMS. If one of those services offered a WML/WAP interface it would be no problem. If you were being creative, you could fairly easily write your own WML/WAP site that would essentially proxy the message over. In fact I think there are some perl libs that have code to interface with a large number of telcos' send-an-SMS websites. Maybe I should set up a WML version of that.

----------
    Create a WAP server