Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Establishing a data call

Hey,

Has anyone had any success establishing a data call beetween two Symbian phones? By that I mean call from one phone using a data call and accept on the other phone and then acquire control of the call and possibly send data beetween the phones. We need to do the following in our project:

- Establish a data call beetween two pohnes
    - Take control of the call in such a manner our application is in control not the default application that handles calls.
    - Accepting the call automatically without the default dialogs wolud be a big plus.
    - Transfer data beetween the two phones

Has anybody succeeded in doing any of that or has any information on that for any platform (Series 60 or UIQ)?

I can initiate a data call from my applicaton but cannot accept it on the other phone. The standard dialog that is shown only gives the option of accepting over IR which is not usefull. I can acquire ownership of a voice call once I have manually accepted it using the default dialog, but the data call gives no such option. Thanks.

Regards, Aljaz

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

with communicator (92x0) you could use normal etel classes by loading the HAEYS.TSY you should be able to do data call. How to answer, you'll need to search this forum. I'we seen the answer here, but can't remember where.

You could also find a document descriping the known problems with Series 40 & 60 from the decoments sections. If i remember right it said that the data call is not possible in series 60 (or at least with OS 7.0s), but locate and read it and you'll see what it says.

yucca

Regular Contributor

Establishing a data call

Hey,

Thanks for replying....Yes , I've seen that document. It states that the receiving a data call is not possible on Series 60 platform. So I'm trying to find out if there is a phone that can both initiate and answer a data call besides the Nokia 92xx series. Do you by any chance know if it is possible to do what I described using the SonyEricsson P800 or P900?

Regards, Aljaz

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Dunno really about the PX00 phones, but most propably they will not support the data call functionality any better than nokia's phones.

anyway, why don't you raise the question in Ericssons developer support, they should know better.

yucca

Re: Establishing a data call

Hi, sorry for this question.

What is a data call? WHat is CSD line? How do i activate it in my mobile?
    And how do i go about sending my voice over the data channel?
    Which language so i use to code the same?