Discussion Board

Question about SISAR or making SIS files.

I m using "Nokia Symbian SDK 6.1 ver 1.0" and i had problems making SIS files with the SISAR tool.

1.The sis file compiled but in the installation routine it says "File not compatible with phone" (i have a 3650). Where can i set the "compatibility" of the sis file?

2. I want to make a sis files with ~20 files. How can i put them all at once in the file. I cant select the whole dir neither can i select more than one file at once. I added em all seperately, but thats very time consuming. I heard maybe a .pkg file could help. maybe?

3. How can i make in the "header" tab the type "Patches an existing component" work ? . Every time i try to compile the sis with type set as "patches an...." , it aborts with the error message "makesis returned 1".

greetings, mika

sisar

ok ..ive got the first one. had to set
    0x101F6F88 and "Series60ProductID" in the requisite TAB... hm. any ideas for the other 2 ?

a

anyone?

Regular Contributor

Hey,

I don't know about SISAR but what youi want to do can easily be done with pkg files. For more information see the "Package file format .pkg" and "How to create a simple installation file" topics in the Series 60 SDK documentation. You can create patches by specifiying SISPATCH or SP as the package type.

Regards, Aljaz

thank you =)

Regular Contributor

You're welcome.:) Hope it helps....

Regards, Aljaz