Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

application does not install on 7650 device

hi,

we are using the series 60 v0.3 c++ sdk for the 7650. after compiling the program for armi and making the sis file (with UID given by symbian) the sis file was transferd to device using infrared/bluetooth. the application was installed from the inbox, it shows installation complete, but the application does not show anywhere. java applications install sucessfully.

what could be the problem? what is the os version on the device? is this due to a version conflict or there is a problem with the sis file? the sis file was created using Sisar. is there a way to navigate teh file system in the 7650 device?

thanks,
    ash

RE: application does not install on 7650 device

Hi Ash,

version: type *#0000# on idle screen.
    file browser: we have file browser under "others/extra" or something .. We are using v1.16.

Regular Contributor

Hi torpo,

Do you mean that your 7650 real device of the version v1.16 has file browser? I'm using v2.24, but i can't find one. Do you know where it can be downloaded? Or is there any Nokia staff can reply this question? File browser is very important to developers. Pls help!

Thx!

Edmund

Regular Contributor

Hi

I have got same problem on my device, but after download SDK 0.9 and recompile all, it is working.

regards
    Dmitry

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi all,

This is to confirm the compatibility between the Series 60 SDK version and the firmware version in a Nokia 7650 target device:

* If you are still using the Series 60 SDK v0.3, you can compile your applications for Nokia 7650 target device which is built on firmware v1.16.

* If you are using the Series 60 SDK v0.9, you can compile your applications for Nokia 7650 target device which is built on firmware v2.24 or later. Recommended v3.12!

** The file browser is officially withdrew from the build v2.24 and from any later version. Forum Nokia has acknowledged your request and will consider if the browser can be delivered to Forum Nokia developers. Developers will be informed if the browser becomes available!

Best Regards,
    FN Developer Support