Discussion Board

OMA Client Provisioning WSP & WDP headers question

Hi everybody.

I have a two questions about "WBXML Binary Example with WSP and WDP Headers" part of "Series 40 Developer Platform 2.0: OMA Client Provisioning Version 1.0; March 8, 2004" document.

1) In this chapter we have a following example:
    WSP headers explained:
    01 TID - [WSP] Ch. 8.2.1
    06 PDU Type (PUSH) - [WSP] Ch. 8.2.1 + App. A
    2F1F2D Headers Length - [WSP] Ch. 8.2.4.1
    B6 Content-Type - application/vnd.wap.connectivity-wbxml

I dont understand why headers length is so big? 2F1F2D - it's a very large number. Anyone can explane this?

2) Where I can take a more detail documentation about encoded WSP headers. What I need to create it automaticaly? How I can do it manualy step by step. Or any other information about this.

Thank a lot and sorry my awful english.

hello dkarasev!

perhaps these pieces of information may help you:
    ad 2) further information on this topic is available from OMA. the document you should be lookin for is called: wap-230-wsp-20010705-a.pdf.
    ad 1) according to the document just mentioned, this should be the HeadersLen field (p.75, sec. 8.2.4.1), which is encoded in a so-called uintvar data type (p.67, sec. 8.1.2). the value 2F, however, would be sufficient, since it represents the proper value. the remaining 2 bytes (1F2D) seem to be the DataLen types, although according to the specification of the Push type (again p.75) this field is not necessary (probably an error). another point i came across is that the content type specified in the example mentioned (B6) does NOT exist, according to the WINA spec (http://www.wapforum.org/wina/wsp-content-type.htm) which says that this mime type (application/vnd.wap.connectivity-wbxml) has the hexadecimal value 36.
    perhaps someone of the nokia people could CLARIFY these things, to that point i was NOT able to successfully send the sample messages to a 6820 device, which should support the provisioning as described. (i also eliminated the possibility of typos, since i copied the messages directly from the document).

hth,
    --larry
    Last edited by larrison; 2004-03-22 at 15:55.

Re: OMA Client Provisioning WSP & WDP headers question

Sorry to wake up such an old thread, but I was looking for this information myself and just want to clarify one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by larrison
    hello dkarasev!
    another point i came across is that the content type specified in the example mentioned (B6) does NOT exist, according to the WINA spec (http://www.wapforum.org/wina/wsp-content-type.htm) which says that this mime type (application/vnd.wap.connectivity-wbxml) has the hexadecimal value 36.
    --larry
    The content-type value is '0x36' with the high bit set, i.e. 0x36+0x80.

frodek