Discussion Board

NOKIA phones support local sync using OBEX?

Which current NOKIA phones support local sync using OBEX over Bluetooth and IrDA?

I just want to use an own syncML server on the PC side, instead of the Nokia PC Suit.

Thank you in advance

Nokia Developer Champion
    Since Nokia 6820, Nokia 6230 and the Nokia 7600, SyncML over Bluetooth seems to work although I have to test a bit more. Only made a OBEX Connect with the SyncML-SYNC target and got a success.
    Last edited by traud; 2011-03-24 at 12:34.

Local syncs should be communicating over serial connections whether IRDA or Bluetooth

Traud,

what are you verifying exactly? Which software do you use, to verify?

Do you think that Nokia's new Smartphone 6600 supports SyncML over OBEX?

I am searching for a "SyncML over OBEX" phone as well. Meanwhile I have heard so many different opinions about the capabilities, that I am completly unsure if there is a phone at all which is capable of transmitting SyncML over OBEX!

The Nokia people could not help me either...

Do you know of any other manufacturer, supporting this feature?

Regards
    Peter

Re: Which current NOKIA phones support local sync using OBEX over Bluetooth and IrDA?

although it is not stated explicitly anywhere yet and is still in testing, the 6620 will most likely sync over obex with Bluetooth.
    I believe this will be the first phone to do this so keep an eye out for when the specifications come available.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Nokia 6230, 6810, 6820 and 7600: All confirmed to have a working SyncML version 1.1 over OBEX over Bluetooth client. They have some bugs within OBEX but WBXML and the SyncML files look good.

The OBEX Server does not accept anytghing else than the SyncML target, the SyncML WBXML Type header and the final element of an XML file must be in an End-of-Body header.
    Last edited by traud; 2011-03-24 at 12:33.