Discussion Board

SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS and UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7

Hi All,

I have this problem. First I installed SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS. After using it, then I installed UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7(this is used for Sony Ericsson Symbian Phones e.g. P800).

After I installed the UIQ, I can no longer compile my project with SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS. Is there any other way for me to be able to compile again with SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS again without uninstalling UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7?

Regular Contributor

Hey,

You need to remove your UIQ SDK from the PATH environment variable and set your EPOCROOT variable to point back to Series 60 SDK directory and you should be OK. If that doesn't work you may also need to edit devices.xml in your Program Files\Common files\Symbian to add another device (just copy an existing entry using the directories for your Series 60 SDK) so you can then make it the default device using the devices -setdefault command. In general however, changing ther PATH and EPOCROOT variables should be enough.

Regards, Aljaz

Super Contributor
    there is a utility in SDK called "EpocSwitch". You should look at it. There can be more than one SDK installed on your system and switching between them is very easy.
    My config file for it look like this:
    Code:
    [Series60 v1.2]
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\6.1\Series60\
    EPOCPATH=c:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\EPOC32\gcc\bin;c:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\epoc32\Tools\

[Series60 v2.0]
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\
    EPOCPATH=c:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\gcc\bin;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools\

[UIQ 2.1]
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\Uiq_2.1\
    EPOCPATH=c:\Symbian\Uiq_2.1\EPOC32\gcc\bin;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools\;c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Symbian\Tools\
    //devices -setdefault @UIQ_2.1:com.symbian.UIQ

[Series60 Siemens]
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\6.1\Siemens\SX1\bin\
    EPOCPATH=c:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\EPOC32\gcc\bin;c:\Symbian\6.1\Shared\epoc32\Tools\

[UIQ 2.0]
    EPOCROOT=\Symbian\Uiq_70\
    EPOCPATH=c:\Symbian\Uiq_70\EPOC32\gcc\bin;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools\
    //devices -setdefault @UIQ_70:com.symbian.UIQ

Regular Contributor

Hey,

That's basically what the devices command does although it's not documented very well. Every device has an epocroot and a tools directory associated with it and when you switch devices those settings get updated. All the settings arte kept in the file I mentioned in my first post (devices.xml).

Regards, Aljaz

Super Contributor
    Hi aljaz24,
    seems to me that I'm using a little bit obsolete version of epocswitch...:-))
    You are right in new version the configuration is saved in XML file...

Re: SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS and UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7

Hi All,
    How can I download SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS and UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7?
    Thanks!

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lss78 View Post
    Hi All,
    How can I download SERIES 60 SDK FOR SYMBIAN OS and UIQ 2.0 SDK for Symbian OS v7?
    Thanks!
    Hi,

you can download the sdks that you need from this link for series 60

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...16-3.0-mr.html

and for uiq, its not possible to get the sdk now as UIQ is closed down.

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar Md
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Nokia Developer Moderator

Older Series 60 SDK-s are available in the archive: Library/Tools and downloads above, Tools archive (bottom of the page), "S60 Platform SDKs for Symbian OS, for C++". I suggest the S60 2nd edition FP1 variant as it is a bit more stable than the pure S60 2nd edition SDK, and I have not faced any compatibility issues.
    UIQ is not related to Nokia, though ironically enough you will find the download link in an FN blog, just search for uiq 2.0 sdk with Google.