Discussion Board

Deploying JAVA application in 6310i

Hi,

I run my application in the 6310i emulator and it's OK. The application is executed without error. Now i take the same application and i deploy it in the 6310i phone. When i try to run it, i have a file format error. I have a .jar (.class, mainifest.mf) and a .jad.

An idea???

Thanks,
    Yaney

Regular Contributor

RE: Deploying JAVA application in 6310i

Hi Yaney,

The 6310i is very sensitive to the details in the jad file being exactly right, and corresponding to the Manifest.mf file correcly.

Check that the file size (in bytes) in the jad file is correct, and that the MIDlet-Vendor and MIDlet-Version match exactly what is written in the manifest file.
    The emulator doesn't seem to mind the differences, but the phone is more strict.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Regular Contributor

Can you post the contents of the jar file as listed with a zip tool? You can open jar files directly in WinZip, or using unzip or pkunzip with whatever the list option is.

It's definitely the pre-verified class files that you are including in your jar?

I know I initially had a bit of bother with the 6310i, but that was only due to the MIDlet-Vendor and MIDlet-Version properties not matching up, and the 30k limit hit me once or twice too.

Cheers,
    Steve

HI.
    I buy this application from the nokia site for my phone and when I tried to download it to my phone I got this answer :no server access.
    they send me to my service provider to check the wap and gprs settings but they was all right,so the problem mite be at nokia ????????

Regular Contributor

how do you deploy it? OTA? If so, make sure you have a new firmare which means newer than 4.07.