Discussion Board

Problems with audio files on 6600

Hi all,

I've been converting .wav files to .amr and .awb files with Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0, which play fine in the converter, but when I download them to my 6600 via Opera I get the Opera error message "There was no application for this document type". If I try to open the file with File manager I get the error "File manager: unknown file format".

I also tried downloading an MP3 with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff.

Yes - we are having the same problem during testing phases. What is the correct way to serve up .amr files?

Hello,I think All Of us have That

Hello,I think All Of us have That

My name is mohamed el naggar, and I work in ringtones distribution (both polyphonic and monophonic.) I would like to introduce true tones. I tried using the Nokia converter to convert *.wav to *.amr but the quality was really poor. I've also noticed that the Nokia 6600 model has files with extension *.awb with a good quality.
    I'd appreciate your advice regarding that matter. Do you have that kind of converter? If not, is there any other way for you to help us? And what is the maximum size for files to be sent over WAP?

Thank You
    Mohamed El Naggar

Cairo-Egypt

www.lazeez.net

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0 supports also AMR-WB. It's available at Forum Nokia.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia