Discussion Board

Not Every phone receive SMS from WMA

I had developed a MIDlet which using WMA to send SMS to the other mobile phone. But the result is: not every mobile phone will receive the SMS.

I tested the MIDlet with two Nokia 6600. One installed the MIDlet and another not. And the result is: the 6600 without my MIDlet will direct the SMS to the phone inbox although i set the port.

While i try to send SMS with the MIDlet(WMA) to other mobile phone, some receive the SMS and some does't.

1)Nokia 3315 (no colour)
    2)Nokia 3310 (no colour)
    3) Sony Ericsson T100 (no colour)

1)Nokia 3100(Colour screen)
    2)Nokia 3530(Colour screen)
    3)Nokia 7250(Colour screen)
    *I get a blank SMS from the receiver(NOT reply by the receiver, why?

Question:
    SMS sent by WMA should able to receive by any phone like the SMS function come along with mobile phone, right??

What is the solution to make sure all phone can receive the SMS that send by WMA?

Thanks for reading my question, and i hope the given result help some of u guys. Thanks.

KEN
    Last edited by youngboyguy; 2004-04-02 at 11:14.

Re: Not Every phone receive SMS from WMA

Hello all,
    I had developed a MIDlet which using WMA to send SMS to the other mobile phone. But the result is: not every mobile phone will receive the SMS.
    What is the reason behind it??????

Regular Contributor

Hi

To send SMS from MIDlet to other mobiles default inbox, dont add any port number while sending.

If you want your sent SMS to that mobile to be shown in the application which you developed, you should add port number at the end while sending from your application.(just add port number at end like this sms://+919840164567:50000). Here 50000 is the port number. The SMS will be sent via this port in the application, and this sms can be viewed only in other end mobile having the application.

Some mobiles from Nokia will even show the message in Inbox itself although the SMS is sent in the port number.
    Regards
    Ramprasath.P.M

Smile Re: Not Every phone receive SMS from WMA

Quote Originally Posted by pmramprasath
    Hi

To send SMS from MIDlet to other mobiles default inbox, dont add any port number while sending.
    Thanks!! It might seem obvious (not adding any port number) but I've been wondering how to send it to the default SMS inbox, a problem which wasted a few hours of my afternoon...

Hai guys this is MURTHY,I got ur qustion
    Imaging u r sending SMS with 5500 port,so the midlet or the server code should also be opened with same port
    and one more thing U can only send and receive sms using tese ports u cant receive normal sms that come to inbox