Discussion Board

How Can I Send SMS

hi, people

i have been trying hard, but cud not get solution to these two problems of mine.

1) How can i send SMS messages from my pc to my cell phone (nokia 6610).
    i have been trying to send SMS to my cell phone using the nokia pc suite (that came with my cell) and sending it through the infra red port.
    but the software actually sends the SMS to the network and then i recieve it from the network (which costs me).
    I am looking for some way through which i can push the SMS message from my pc to my phone.

2) i have been trying to develop the same kind of application (through which i can push SMS, Ringtones etc from my pc to my phone) but i dont know the so called AT command or any other means to do so.

please can someone help me with these 2 problems

thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Ans

Hi,
    I am having SAME Problem So please let me know u find this.

Jignesh KAkkad

Hi

I had the same problem and I solved it by paying a little extra money. What I did was to go to my local phone dealer and bought a USB cable for my phone.

I know that it may not be the most elegant solution in the world, but I don't regret it because it works just great and the other thing was driving me crazy.

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

If you want to use infrared just to save messages to the phone, you need 2 helpful things:
    * AT+CMGW -- Write Message To Memory -- see AT command ref.
    * http://www.ircomm2k.de -- virtual COM port for IR

You can save any type of short message to the phone, as long as it accepts it :-)

Zamba