Discussion Board

Help needed urgently ! :S

Hi guys,

Please help me with my problem.. been trying at it for some time now .. really feel like throwing my monitor onto the floor :S ..

the problem :
    Basically i have successfully compiled and build the btdiscovery application that comes with the Series60 SDK v2.0. The problem is, unlike other example applications that comes with it, this particular application doesnt seem to load into the emulator as i cant find it on the list of applications.

One thing though is that i have tried modifying the code of this example application in the past. Despite it being able to compile and build successfully, whenever i tried to execute this modified application, it always gives me reference memory error.

After much efforts in trying to resolve that prob i decided to uninstall the SDK and reinstall it thinking that the SDK could have been corrupted. Unfortunately however, despite the newly installed SDK, when i compiled and build the untainted code for btdiscovery, the application did not show up in the emulator. I have tried other example codes and they show up .. so now i am really at my wits end as to wat is going on ..

Please help me guys :S

P.S. I have tried installing a new setup on another comp and it gave me a new prob.. the same prob that the other poor chap on this forum got too.. the 'LINK.EXE' is not recognised as an internal .... thingy sigh ... help help .. dun have much time left.. have to hand up project soon

The link.exe error means you havent got the VisualStudio toolchain on your PC as far as I know (at least thats the reason in a SonyEricsson/UIQ context). If you have a copy of VStudio knocking around then try installing it, then so long as the IDE/BIN (and maybe a couple of other folders too, depending on version of VStudio used) are located on the windows path variable (ideally near the beginning of the path) then the Symbian toolchain will make use of it.

..Ant

thanx for the answer.. i shall try to solve it according to wat u say ..

hmmm one thing which i have never been able to know is regarding paths... how do u know/edit the paths .. as in wat is path .. how do i see the path listing ... and how do i edit it to set it correct ?... sorry rather newbie question ..

thanx :)

Regular Contributor

Help needed urgently ! :S

Hey,

You can go to Control Panel\System\Advanced and then find the Environment variables button at the bottom right. Click it and a window shows up that allows you to edit the enivronment variables. One of them is your Path variable.

Regards, Aljaz

If you install VStudio normally then this should amend the paths for you automatically.

You can check the current path by opening a dos prompt and typing "path" (without the quotes)

as Aljaz says, amend the path (if you need to) with the environment variables dialog. Just ensure there is a semicolon (a ";" character) between each path on the list. I find it easier to copy the whole line to a text editor, amend it, then copy whole line back.

If you're going to install VStudio, then note that you only need to install the VC++ language (C# and VB are not needed here) and also skip installing the MSDN documentation because this is very big.

..Ant