Discussion Board

Problem in Appwizard of VC++ Please Help Me

Hi,

I have installed "Symbian SDK 7.0" and using VC++.
    I copyied AppWizards file in VC++ Template Directory. In "New Project" it's showing me "Series_60 AppWizard 2.0". After filling nessecery Prameter (Location,AppName,Copyright...etc). It gives me the list of all Generated files in project. But at the time of final "Workspace" creation it gives me Error:

=============================================
    "The Specified Project Could not be inserted into the current workspace"

What's the problem please tell me.
    wating for reply

try reinstall your perl

I also have been having a problem with this wizard. Everything seems to go well until it trys to set up the work space. which should be in c:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\test2

The error given is
    C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\epoc32\build\SYMBIAN\7.0S\SERIES60_V20\test2\group\test2\wins\test2.dsw

would suggest the wizard is getting the path name totally wrong and adding some extra directories that when it comes to open, do not exist and as a result, creation of the workspace is failing.

I tried a reinstall of Perl and a reset afterwards but this did not solve the problem.

Can anyone advise.

Brian

I am also having exactly this problem.

Nokia Developer Champion
    Hi,

I had very simillar problem. Try this:

- from command line call "perl" command. If the message like " 'perl' is not recognized as an internal..." will show you dont have path to your perl binaries in your PATH environment variable.
    Some installations of perl dont do it. Add into your environmental variables path to "your_dir\perl\bin"

- when you create project using application wizard without this path in environmental variables it results in "The Specified Project Could not be inserted into the current workspace" error

I hope I help you
    Bye
    STeN

RE: Problem in Appwizard of VC++ Please Help Me

Hi,

Thanks a lot I had the same problem but I could fix it with your help.

So people, if you get the following message when you try to use Appwizard in VC ++:

"The Specified Project Could not be inserted into the current workspace"

try:

- from command line call "perl" command. If the message like " 'perl' is not recognized as an internal..." will show you dont have path to your perl binaries in your PATH environment variable.
    Some installations of perl dont do it. Add into your environmental variables path to "your_dir\perl\bin"
    Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environmental Variables and add a new one like:
    perl, and set the path to your perl.exe file (ex: c:\perl\bin\perl.exe)