Discussion Board

Documentation for resource STRUCTs etc.

The Nokia 9210 SDK documentation gratiously states that the resource STRUCTs EDWIN, LABEL, IMAGE, CBA and so on and so on is not documented... Now I just cannot believe that these very basic control types that I would like to put in just about any dialog should not be documented anywhere, AT LEAST with their respective classnames and IDs. I used to be able to find it on the Symbian website (although not updated since EPOC 5?), but now it seems all gone. I am not asking about header files, I am asking about documentation...

RE: Documentation for resource STRUCTs etc.

Yes indeed, documentation about structs, where?

RE: Documentation for resource STRUCTs etc.

haugli,

unfortunately, i do not have an answer to your questions, but would like to add my voice to yours in your experience. i am a seasoned developer who has written a great of software for win32, java, etc. and cannot believe the symbian/nokia development experience.

i am developing for the nokia 7650 (n7650) and cannot find sdk doc more recent than epoc sdk 5.0... and what *is* documented is not always helpful, e.g., "method foo() - peforms the foo() function." if you find more recent info/up-to-date info., please let me know, and i will do the same for you. i can be reached at jpuopolo@international-wireless.com. good luck!