Discussion Board

Copying from readonly Edwin

How to let the user select/copy text from a readonly Edwin in an UIQ dialog? Thx!

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Dunno really about UIQ. But in series 60 if the edwin is just readonly, it still has focus and users can move the curson in it.

so check what flags you have defined in your edwin, maybe you have set the cursor hidden & editor to be non-focusing.

yucca

Yes, I played around with the EEikEdwinReadOnly and EEikEdwinDisplayOnly flags, but they do not seem
    to produce the behavior I want ((that is the mark and copy functions are not present or not working). This is surely different from S60's case. I want an editor field that supports mark/copy operations but the user can not type into it. Could anyone solve this in UIQ?

Nokia Developer Moderator
    hmmm..

Have you tried playing with the keyevents. Meaning that only forward arrows to the edwin. Then anything that user would try inputing there wouldn't ever get to the editor.

yucca

Thanks for the idea. So, instead of making the editor readonly, I rather just prevent the user input in some way. I'll try that.