Discussion Board

Series80 emulator crashes

I just installed the SDK of series 80. when i launch the emulator even if there are no other process running it crashes. when i'm surf the emulator or running the HelloWorldPlus application it crashes if i used the menu or click on the screen several times.

also, when i use draw to view text in the screen, the text doesn't appears on the screen?

when i also tries to import mmp files from the sdk example codes this error occurs when i try to compile it:

Specified file 'KCommonFeatureLast' not found
    Error : Compile failed

when i also tries to drawRect it doesn't appear on the screen?
    Pls Help!!!!!!! ASAP....

Nokia Developer Expert
    Which SDK do you have in use, if you have the first one please make that update to V.1.0.1 (need that 2MB patch file). How does thoses crahes happen, did you click screen with mouse ?

Can send sample how you didi try to write/drawn to the screen, i think that should work fine.

Br V.

I'm using the SDK 1.0 Beta Metroworks.
    the crashes occurs when I used the menu bar for a lot times.
    or by clicking in the screen for several times, yes I'm using the mouse to click on the screen.

you want me to send you a sample code of the program i did????

cant understand what you mean:
    "Can send sample how you didi try to write/drawn to the screen, i think that should work fine."

where should i send it?

Nokia Developer Expert
    There was a bug on SDK which causes crash when clicking with mouse, but because 9500 has no mouse this is not a huge problem, you need just to avoid using the mouse while working on emulator.

I haven't tested metroworks SDK but i will try that soon. In M$ version menu using is OK. Is that problem on all applications or only the one you have created. You can try this on your code:

Code:
    void CYourAppUi::DynInitMenuPaneL(TInt aResourceId, CEikMenuPane* aMenuPane)
    {
    if (aMenuPane == NULL) return;
    I mean can you provide code which dosen't draw to the screen. I can try if that works on my SDK. On the microsoft version of SDK drawing seems to be OK.

Br V

well, I'm not sure but there are occasions that I'm just using the default apps in the emulator then it crashes. no, i haven't tried my own code yet it's from the stationery of the SDK the HelloWorldPlus.

What if an apps required you to draw in the screen? As in the emulator don't view anything in it...

well, I haven't tried the SDK for microsoft yet?!

tnx so much for the help!!
    appreciate it so much!

If it's not to much to ask do you have a sample code to move object or any simple apps for series60???

Hi,

I am having problems with S80 emulator. When I start the emulator, it crashes after a couple of seconds, even without any interference from keyboard or mouse.

The emulator is run on Win XP. I have tried S80 versions v1.0b and v1.0.1b, same thing occurs with both.

Any ideas how to fix the problem?

---

"EPOC.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close."

AppName: epoc.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: euser.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0001dc16

---

BR,
    PV

I'm also having problems with the Series 80 emulator.
    I have tried the emulator in the MIDP SDK (1.0 beta) and the one in the C++ SDK (1.01).

When I start the emulator everything seems fine but a few seconds after the "desktop" shows up the emulator crashes and a pop-up window appears with this text:

<process already exited> has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

I have searched after the log but I cant't find one.

Have anyone out there had these problems???
    (I am using Windows 2000 with service pack 4)

Regular Contributor

Hey,

You can find the log in the Logs directory (or Logfiles\WatchDog for Windows XP) of your Windows directory. Don't know if it will help much though....

Regards, Aljaz

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello larlin,

I'm using W2K with SP4 and no problems :-o Really strange behaviour in your case. Do you have COM1 port in use for some reason ?

Br V

Veskola:
    No, I am not using COM1.

Haven´t found anything in the logs either.
    Guess I have to reinstall Win2000 and try again...

Thanks for all your help though!!

Regards,
    Lars

Series 80 emulator crashing

I have exactly the same problem with the Series 80 emulator. Here's my setup:

- winxp sp1
    - athlon XP
    - realtek 8139 nic
    - sdk version 1.0.1 Beta (20.04.2004)

The emulator crashes after about 5 seconds when I start it up. I don't press any buttons or use the mouse to get the crash (it crashes on it's own). The following are the details of the crash according to WinXP:

- process epoc.exe
    - module ekern.dll
    - offset 0x408fd in module

From memory (I don't have my debugger installed right now) I think the crash was an int 3. The developers of the sdk should be able to figure out the problem based on this info.

Hello,

I do experience the same difficulties. When I turned all com ports off (com 1 and 2 and bluetooth 1 and 2, that means deactivating in the win xp system settings, hardware ...), the emulation ran a bit more stable and crashed just two or three times.

I have the impression that it crashes if applications are started which are using com ports (e. g. messaging).

For me this beta is something to get an impression from but nothing to work with.

Lars

possible fix (S80 SDK beta 2 06-Jul-04)

For me the emulator consistently crashed upon startup, while showing the "connecting people" splash screen, on XP Pro. That is, until I tried running as administrator - things went fine there.

Giving full access permission below the epoc32 tree inside the SDK directory, to the user I wanted to run the emulator as, made things Work For Me (TM).

YMMV

Hello!

w2k sp4, works without problems.
    Except...
    (a bit offtopic)
    getting the IMEI. SDK help, searching for "IMEI", got "How to get serial number (IMEI) of the phone".

Do you know how should I use that exactly?
    Always crashes the emulator (and the real device!)

What I did:

- fixed some usual things... missing iStatus member, missing constructor
    - the code:
    CClientApp *app=new CClientApp();
    app->ConstructL();
    app->GetIMEI();
    User::WaitForRequest(app->iStatus);

Regards,
    Stewe