Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Help! Hide the scroll bar

Hi guys,

I am new in Symbian and I don't know how to hide the scroll bar when I swap of view. The scroll bar is created when a list box is created.

SetMopParent(iAuxAppUi);
    iListBox->CreateScrollBarFrameL(ETrue);
    iListBox->ScrollBarFrame()->SetScrollBarVisibilityL(CEikScrollBarFrame::EOff,CEikScrollBarFrame::EAuto);

The problem appears when I switch of view. The scroll bar between the softkyes doesn't dissapear. Could you helkp me? P.S: I don't want to delete the listbox when I swap of view

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

Set the visibility of the scrollbars off. just before switching the view.

listBox->ScrollBarFrame()->SetScrollBarVisibilityL(
    CEikScrollBarFrame::EOff, CEikScrollBarFrame::EOff );

//and then update the scroll bars

listBox->UpdateScrollBarsL();

Raja
    Last edited by rajasg; 2004-04-22 at 06:10.

Regular Contributor
    Thank you!

I had forgotten to update the scrollbar. That was the reason why my scrollbar didn't dissapear.

Regular Contributor
    Hi guys,

I continue having problems with showing/hiding scrollbars. Now, I have three views which are directed derived from CCoeControl. I mean I don't use the class CAknView. The reason for that is I have ported some simple applications from UIQ. Two of those views have simple listboxes and the other view shows only a label. The problem occurs that when a swap from a listbox vie to other listbox the scrollbar dissapear. However, if I press the softkey Options and press cancel, the scroll bar appears. It seems that I have missed to update something. When the view is activate the visivbility of the scroll bar is switch on and update. Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor

Re: Help! Hide the scroll bar

Hi ferranhalden,
    Can you tell me from where did you get the UIQ examples or if possible can you you mail them to me at jitendra.chhajed@gmail.com

--Jitendra