Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

IP selection dialog

I want to do a popup IP selection dialog. I found out that CAknIpFieldEditor would be the class of choice. But since there is no predefined CAkn*QueryDialog class things get complicated.
    So I tried to setup a DIALOG resource which contains a IP_FIELD_EDITOR and use it with CEikDialog::ExecuteLD. Basically this is working and I get my IP-editor on the screen. But the sad thing is that the layout is very ugly ( for example no spacing between components ). So I tried to change the layout but I was only able to control the CEikDialog window itself but not the included components.

Here is my resource definition:
    RESOURCE DIALOG r_gateway_ip_query
    {

flags= EEikDialogFlagWait | EEikDialogFlagNoDrag | EEikDialogFlagNoTitleBar | EEikDialogFlagCbaButtons;
    buttons=R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_CANCEL;
    // title="Edit remote message";
    items =
    {
    DLG_LINE
    {
    prompt="";
    type=EEikCtLabel;
    id=1;
    control= LABEL
    {
    txt= wap_gateway_query_text;
    horiz_align = EEikLabelAlignHLeft;
    };
    },
    DLG_LINE
    {
    type = EAknCtIpFieldEditor;
    itemflags = EEikDlgItemNoBorder;
    id = 2;
    control = IP_FIELD_EDITOR
    {
    min_field_values = IP_FIELD
    {
    first_field = 0;
    second_field = 0;
    third_field = 0;
    fourth_field = 0;
    };
    max_field_values = IP_FIELD
    {
    first_field = 255;
    second_field = 255;
    third_field = 255;
    fourth_field = 255;
    };
    flags = 0;
    };
    }
    };
    }

Nokia Developer Moderator
    with all CEikDialog derived dialogs you could get pointer to the control by using the Control()-function.

Then you could use the methods provided by the control it self to change it's layout and other features.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    @symbianyucca
    I tried to do so. I also get correct control pointers. But my changes on the sub-controls seemed to be without effect. Could you please be a bit more specific. The documentation is not clear enough ( like most times with Symbian ).

Nokia Developer Moderator
    I'm not really familiar with the IP selector control, so basically was just giving a general guidance. in case the header files of the control doesn't include any usable functions for thecontrols layout, then there is propably no functions for doing what you need.

Anyway you could always make your own control, maybe using three number controls in same row or similar..

yucca