Discussion Board

Controling modems via PHP, ASP, PERL and AT Commands

Hi all

Me very interested in controling modems via PHP, ASP, PERL and AT Commands. You too! then my project my be for you it's free for testing and research purposes basically its a stand alone server/wrapper for windows 9x to allow you to control modem via scripts etc using ATCommands.

It mainly arose because im going to be geting a nokia 6210 phone soon and want to process SMS messaging via php, but simply could'nt find nothing out their to do the job. Its been tested using a stand modem, but I would be interested in any feed back from people using this server & mobiles phone modems etc.

You can get the latest software here
    http://www.fish2find.co.uk/modem/phpBB2/

Best Regards
    Steve

Got 6210 and data cable & bingo can send/receive/delete sms via PHP & the above software going to play around this so if you want to see any results, Im going to make them available at the above link.

But I do have question for any one in this forum if anyone could help, I know this may seem a little of topic, but I did read on erricson site in their developer forum that it possible to get the global positioning of a mobile using their SDK is it at all possible to do this with nokia phones (SDK) or better still using the AT Command set...

Best Regards
    Steve

anyone tried "feed back please"?

would like to inprove & help!

Best regards
    Steve..

Hi steve2004,

I have 6210, and cable aswell, i can connect successfully through Modem Terminal, and the php script doesn't give an error. Thing is, the status is "empty" in the tool, and there is no text shown, and i can't enter text neither except with "paste". During install i had some errors with dlls, many were older then my actual ones, and one was in use, so i had to ignore it. Did u experienc any similar problems ?

Thanks for your replies,

Oh by the way, the php page is blank when i execute it...

--
    Chris
    Last edited by trefex; 2004-07-07 at 11:46.

Red face Re: Controling modems via PHP, ASP, PERL and AT Commands

Hie can i have that link you placed again apparently the link you placed no longer exist. I want to use PHP

Red face Re: Controling modems via PHP, ASP, PERL and AT Commands

Quote Originally Posted by steve2004 View Post
    Hi all

Me very interested in controling modems via PHP, ASP, PERL and AT Commands. You too! then my project my be for you it's free for testing and research purposes basically its a stand alone server/wrapper for windows 9x to allow you to control modem via scripts etc using ATCommands.

It mainly arose because im going to be geting a nokia 6210 phone soon and want to process SMS messaging via php, but simply could'nt find nothing out their to do the job. Its been tested using a stand modem, but I would be interested in any feed back from people using this server & mobiles phone modems etc.

You can get the latest software here
    http://www.fish2find.co.uk/modem/phpBB2/

Best Regards
    Steve
    the link is now working http://www.fish2find.co.uk/modem/phpBB2/