Discussion Board

Sending/Receiving SMS via D211 in VB6, Java, C++ and/or .NET

Hi guyZ,

I'm trying to send/receive SMS via Nokia D211 Card in different programming languages (VB6, Java, C++, and .NET).
    It's a school-project!

Can anybody give me a kick-off for that, or if possible a working code?!
    I'd like to continue this project with developing a small GUI where you can easily handle SMS.
    But first I'd need the basic code that the whole thing works.

It would be very nice if anybody could help me with that.
    (I've just some general programming knowledge)...

Best regards

[mail: 2kleisman@gmx.at]

I would also be glad to have some code in VB6! Is there anybody out there with skills - in the SDK is only C code - I would even pay for the code... rem4

This may be of help?

Hi

You may find this link useful, it free experimental software that lets you send & receive sms messages/control phone by the ATCommand set via PHP, ASP, PERL scripting languages.

It has a look & feel of windows HyperTerminal but with an API so you could deploy web based applications using this software. It relatively easy to use. I have a nokia 6210 with built in modem and have had some good results.

Although experimental if fully functional software and is a good building block to learning the ATCommand set which is something your problerly need to learn.

http://fish2find.co.uk/modem/phpBB2/

Best Regards.

thanks a lot for the link. the problem is that the NokiaD211 Card is the only one that doesn't support ATCommands There are a lot of topics about this...

So still need help

Its a shame about the card not supporting ATcommands, can't help you with this only know how to via AT, may be proberly a good idea if finance permitting is to look at hardware issue here.

May be you could pickup a cheap phone with builtin modem to sort out your problem. by the way can you connect to the card at all using vb6?.

ie MScomm

I found a post that nokia doesn't support VB for D211 - and another one that one tried to use it but the software crashes when he loads the .dll

My problem is that my semester task as a student is that I have to use NokiaD211 and VB! So I have to find a way out...

Nokia Data Suite.

Don't know if this will help, but just looking in VB6 under references and found ref to the nokia data suite components that I have installed on my system for nokia 6210.
    Maybe this could help send sms/interface but you proberly need someone to explain how to access properties/methods by way of a code example. NOKIA EXPERTS?

Hope this help
    Steve.
    Last edited by steve2004; 2004-05-24 at 01:48.

& the moral of this story is ....

"TEACHER don't leave these kids alone"

GIVE US A CLUE?

No functional D211 SMS Version provided in SDK!?!

Hello,
    I have downloaded the NokiaD211 SDK and found the C++ Code for compiling the sms.exe. Now if I do so I only get the D311 Release File (searches for d311ipc.dll - of course not found in my D211 installation...).

I could use the smsbuild.bat to get a functioning sms.exe for D211 this is only a test version without C++ code!

1) It would be very helpul if you could provide me with a functional C++ File for sms.exe using d211ipc.dll.
    Best would be if this sms.exe could provide more functions than only sending test sms's...

2) Or is it possible to use the d211sms.exe from the nokia software - give some variables to it when calling - and thus could send sms through different software (or command line)?

I need to be able to send sms's with a command!! So I could generate this command from my VB Programm... Nokia Team or Members please help.

Michael (Student)