Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

New Nokia D211 BETA driver v.1.41 for Windows XP and Windows 2000 now available

There is a new version of Nokia D211 BETA drivers (1.41) now available at product support pages:
    http://www.nokia.com/phones/products...211/index.html

Windows XP and Windows 2000 are the only supported OS versions for this beta driver release.

Downloadable file:

D211_BETA_1.41.zip

There new version contains e.g. the following modifications and improvements:
    -Improvements on interoperability with some proprietary 22Mbps networks.
    -Improvements on interoperability with some pre-standard 802.11g networks.
    -Support for selected 802.1x security features that are supported by Windows XP.
    -Support for EAP-SIM.

Best Regards,
    Nokia D211 Support team
    Last edited by Nokia_D211_Support; 2004-05-17 at 11:44.

It works fine with ASUS WL500G
    Thanks.

Hi Nokia,

Your new drivers seems to be working much better. I only have GSM firmware version 02.33 12-12-02 in my D211. How do I get it upgraded ? I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

When can we expect a non-beta version driver for the D211 ?

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Upgrading the GSM firmware is not required for the latest Windows beta drivers. But you can find your nearest Service Point from Nokia web pages:
    http://www.nokia.dk/support/phones/service.php

There is no fixed schedule for the following releases. The current beta drivers have at the moment all the functionality we have planned. We are now collecting feedback from various sources.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support

Hi!
    i'm interested in your product D211 dualmode card
    and i'm searching a nice stuff for testing the 802.1x:EAP-SIM authentication alogrithm
    usually,we use a 802.1x supported wlan card with a usb smart card reader(like Gemplus usb reader) for eap-sim processing
    but i found that the D211 have a "embeded smart card reader" and supports eap-sim
    i have no D211 now but i need to assure if this workable when using eap-sim....
    i mean if it can do eap-sim by itself and no need of any other smart card reader??

and the other question is,how many kinf of os does this adapter supports(also about its eap-sim enabled driver)

thanks and regards!!

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

Yes, you got the idea correct. The Nokia D211 has a SIM card reader than can be used for SIM card based authentication in both GSM networks and WLAN networks (via EAP-SIM).
    The beta drivers support Win 2000 and Win XP.

Best Regards,

Nokia D211 Support