Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Memory in Nokia 9210 Communicator when browsing the Internet

I am having trouble viewing a page which is 118 kBytes (www.hut.fi/~jsalomak/hyra/kisa/seuroittain.html). Nokia 9210 Communicator starts to download it but tells after about 30% that there is not enough memory.

Regular Contributor

RE: Memory in Nokia 9210 Communicator when browsing the Internet

Hi,
    I was able to connect to this site using a 9290. So I believe that there should not be any memory issues that may give you any problems unless you were running some applicaitons which were sucking up memory and processor power. Please try it agian and also I would like to request any of the developers in Europe/ APAC & African regions to test this on a 9210 and provide the results if possible.

regards,
    Sudnyesh.

Regular Contributor

RE: Memory in Nokia 9210 Communicator when browsing the Internet

Nokia 9210 Communicator has 8MB execution memory for running the applications. It also affects, if many other applications are open. Temporary memory is emptied, when rebooting the device.

The size of the document, which you tried to fetch, is actually only 116kb, but the communicator fails to load the full document (only 36% of it) and it runs out of memory. The reason is that this page contains a large table form which causes the renderer of the browser to consume much more memory than it renders a normal text based page with the same size. The problem is clearly the available memory is too small for handling such a big table.