Discussion Board

Recording voice data into AMR format

How can voice data be recorded and saved into fle in AMR format. What class should i use. Please help me out here. What is the procedure to follow. I need to write an application that will record the voice data and store in a AMR file.

Regards
    Lokesh.y.v

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Are you talking about Java or C++ application development?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Recording voice over AMR files

Dear enstedt
    Thank you for the response. I have been able to record voice over AMR files using CMdaAudioRecorderUtility class. I am writing an application using C++. But i however still have a problem with the recording. The function CropL() in the class CMdaAudioRecorderUtility does not seem to work well and hence what ever voice data sampled is being appended to the end of the voice buffer in the file. Can this is avoided?. I would appreciate if you can help me out of this problem.

Thanking you
    Lokesh.y.v

Nokia Developer Moderator
    if you are using 6600 this is normal behaviour, since the implementation seems to be faulty. Anyway in 2.1 SDK as well as 7610 phone the AMR is completely removed, so no problems with it anymore (since you can't use AMR at all).

Anyway with phones with 6.1 OS using 1.X SKD's the function should work correctly.

yucca