Discussion Board

Hybrid View

MIDI -> OTT / OTA conversion

I'm trying to find a way to convert monotone midi files correctly to OTT/OTA format. I've found a few converters, but they all don't work properly (ie notes, with pauses). Most converters seem to ignore the Note OFF pauses between notes.

Is there a way to convert?

I have Nokia PC Suite and it does not convert, only spits out SP-MIDI.

I just tried the Nokia Developer Suite for J2ME v2 as it does convert Midi to OTT/OTA, and I must say the conversion is really BAD.

It removes all volume, note duration and pauses, basically what comes out of it is a diharea of notes.

Regular Contributor
    It's not an advertising, but have you tried Ringtone Creator? ( www.ringtonecreator.info ) To my knowledge, it performs [probably] the best quality of poly -> mono conversion.

You can also use Nokia PC Composer that comes with Nokia PC Suite (previous to PC Suite version 6).

With this you can open a MIDI file in Composer, and then choose a specific track to convert to OTT.

It doesn't give you the ability to try and meld multiple tracks into one monophonic track, but at least it gives you manual control over notes.

I find most midi tune's are made up of one main theme track, than all the accompanied tracks are just extra.

Aside from this, Composer is basically the only visual ott editor out there.

You will have to look for an older version of Nokia PC Suite, as the newer versions do not come with Nokia Composer.

I prefer the version that comes with PC Suite 4 over PC Suite 5... not many differences, but in Composer w/ PC Suite 5, they have the track timeline move with the song, and it gets annoying.

hello

can anyone send me, the PC Suite V4.0... or tell me where i can find it?
    hpisound@free.fr

thank you

Re: MIDI -> OTT / OTA conversion

I've got the same prop.

Hey, Nokia, why don't you give as a STAND ALONE Version of Nokia PC Composer? It is not very cool to install a complete Nokia PC Suite...

And by the way... you have to deinstall older Suites when using newer versions.

There are still a lot developers out there who need to make OTT, and newest PC Suite 6 only handles MIDI.

Re: MIDI -> OTT / OTA conversion

hi all

even me got the same problem with converting a monotone to nokhex or ems..
    iam using rt creator. for converting the tone..but when i push the code to my phone its ending abruptly...how can i get rid of this problem....and tell me is there any tool for simplifying a midi (monotone) if yes can u tell me where can i download it for free...

iam eagerly waiting for ur reply..........

thanks in advance..
    key