Discussion Board

How can I uninstall Series 60 v 1.2 completely?

I have a little problem, with my SDK. I am trying to uninstall it. When I remove it with "Add/Remove Programs" there remains some files in my PC. I have always also deleted the folder where I have installed the SDK, but still some information about my SDK remains.

I have a problem because when I reinstall the SDK after uninstalling. All the settings in emulator have stayed there. Is there some register-files what I should remove or is there any method how I could format the emulator's settings?

Please answer my question

P.S. Where all the setting information does go when i change them in my emulator?

Regular Contributor

How can I uninstall Series 60 v 1.2 completely?

Hey,

If you want to delete the emulatopr settings you problably need to delete the SYMBIAN folder under Program Files\Common Files as well. That should clean up any leftover settings you may still have.

Regards, Aljaz

Hey Aljaz,

Thanks for the tip, but when I uninstall the SDK, the SYMBIAN folder from Program Files\Common Files also disappears. So that wouldn't help.

Doesn't anyone have any good ideas for me?

Regular Contributor
    Which settings you are trying to reset? Most of the settings read by emulator are in epoc.ini file under epoc32\data. You should get rid of those by removing the SDK directory (e.g. the whole 6.1 directory, if there is only one 6.1 based SDK).

SDK installer writes to registry only the installation directory, so it shouldn't affect you.

Other than that, SDK only writes to common files and then to PATH and EPOCROOT environment variables. After you have cleaned up those places, you should have wiped all memory of 1.2 SDK on your computer.

Hey bitnir,

You said:
    "Other than that, SDK only writes to common files and then to PATH and EPOCROOT environment variables. After you have cleaned up those places, you should have wiped all memory of 1.2 SDK on your computer."

I don't think so. After I have stopped playing with emulator/DTL-X/USB-dongle system. I installed USB-dongles own drivers and now the bluetooth name in emulator is the same then my computer name?

I have also told that I always delete the directory where the SDK is. So, any .ini files shouldn't remain there.

Another setting what remains in the emulator is that my Mcard is already formated.

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

You are right. SDK seems to store something under TMP-directory that contains the memory card name. I see following files created in TMP:
    MMCSTK01.BIN
    MMCSTK00.BIN

When I delete those, I have returned to square one and emulator says that "Memory Card is corrupt" and that I need to format it. TMP-directory location depends on your setup, but it can be located through TMP (or TEMP) environment variables. In my Win 2000 environment it is in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp.

I don't about the dongle value, may be it is also stored somewhere in TMP, or the value is queried from the System somehow. (I don't have dongle myself so I can't test it)

Thanks for the tip,

Maybe some day I reinstall my operating system (Win 2k) and try the BT connection again. Now I know how I can remove all the useless settings.

Thanks