Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

CEikLabel with overrided color and backgroud skin

My application is skin aware and is thus using the backgound specified in Themes. How can I create a Label that has it's text specified in e.g. Red and the background is "transparent", meaning that the bitmap is visible thought label's background. OverrideColorL() seems to make the backround non-transparent :(

Regular Contributor
    If anyone is interested, I overrided the Draw method to make my own skin-aware label control.

Regular Contributor

Transparent label

Hi I'm interested in how you got ur Draw method over ridden to get a transparent label. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanx

Kamal Singhania

Regular Contributor
    in Series 60 v 20 CEikLabel has a method SetBrushStyle()
    call this method after construction with CGraphicsContext::ENullBrush parameter. This will help.

Yeah sure if you wanna share your override draw method for label. I have implemented the same label but the skin image on background of label is "some part of the skin image" which you cannot call as "transparent".

Regular Contributor
    after calling setbrushstyle u can draw using a pen with the color u want... i've seen some application wich have a transparent backgroud. how can this be done?