Discussion Board

howto run an installed .sis file

Hi

I am a newbie to the series 60 development platform . i am using Borland's mobile edition for series 60 . i am trying to run a simple helloworld example program . it is compiling and running on the emulator . i used "project->symbian installation system " and then "project->deploy to device" . Then i was taken to the directory in which the .sis file was created . i transferred the file to the nokia n-gage phone via bluetooth . i can see the file in tools-> manager on the phone and have installed it too . what do i do to run it .

Thanx

Gowtham

Nokia Developer Moderator
    you just need to locate the icon of the application and then click it.

If the icon is not showing, then you have made something wrong. First suggestion would be to go and check all UID's that they are same and re-do the sis and reinstall it.

also you could also just remove the aif file from the sis and then isntall it. In this case the application icon wouldn't be shown, instead you would see puzzle-type of default icon in the device.

yucca

also having this problem

hello,

I'm also having this problem and am having a terrible time of figuring it out.

I'm just trying to get helloworldplus to work. This is the .pkg file I'm using, that I essentially got from the helloworldplus stationary. All the files exist and makesis succeeds and it installs to the phone fine, but I can't, for the life of me, find a helloworldplus application icon.

Could some kind soul tell me what's wrong with this .pkg file? I'm using a 6600 phone.

Many thanks

; HelloWorldPlus.pkg
    ;
    ;Language - standard language definitions
    &EN

; standard SIS file header
    #{"HelloWorldPlus"},(0x10000001),1,0,0,TYPE=SISAPP

;Supports Series 60 v2.0
    (0x101F7960), 0, 0, 0, {"Series60ProductID"}

;
    "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21_CW\epoc32\release\armi\urel\HelloWorldPlus.APP"-"!:\system\apps\HelloWorldPlus\HelloWorldPlus.app"
    "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21_CW\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\HelloWorldPlus\HelloWorldPlus.rsc"-"!:\system\apps\HelloWorldPlus\HelloWorldPlus.rsc"
    "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21_CW\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\HelloWorldPlus\HelloWorldPlus_caption.rsc"-"!:\system\apps\HelloWorldPlus\HelloWorldPlus_caption.rsc"

Hi

There are a lot of things that can go wrong . I had the same issue . I was not packaging it right. Here is what i did . i deleted all the exiting helloword.app files and the associated files . Then i am not sure if the absolute path is an wrong way of issueing but try giving the relative path. The relative path is from the EPOCROOT . u see can acutually find that out(EPOCROOT) in the env variables . try these two things . it worked for me hopefully it will work for u .

Gowtham