Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Screensaver crashes my app

I'm using DirectScreenAccess in my app. If my app is in the foreground and I wait idling until the screensaver start, my app crashes with: "System Error, try again".
    I did overload the HandleForegroundEventL and all is OK with the tasks switch, but in this case it seems like HandleForegroundEventL is not called somehow.

Please help!
    Last edited by xdimas; 2004-05-29 at 16:30.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello,

What i know is that seems HandleForegroundEventL is not called when screensaver is started/ended. I.e Your application dosen't change the position on application stack when screensaver activates.

Tha bad issue is that i don't know what is the "event" what you should listen to detect screensaver. I think this could depend somehow which platform you are using...i'm 'playing' within S80.

Hope somebody knows is there some API which is able to use to detect screensaver activation.

Br V

You can bypass screensaver by adding this line:

User::ResetInactivityTime();

Regular Contributor
    I've reilized that HandleForegroundEventL() IS called but the app crashes anyway. And it throws KERN-EXEC 3 message soon after the "System Error, try again".

And moreover.

Sometimes (!) all works good - the screensaver appears and nothing happens, I press a key and my app continues to work well. It happens in 15% approx.

Weird...