Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Is it possible to apply a 'TZoomFactor' to text in the 'RichTextEditor'?

Hello,

I downloaded the Symbian OS 'Type' Example (RichTextEditor v1.0) and I am wondering whether it is possible to apply a 'TZoomFactor' (e. g. EZoomOneToOne*2) to the text in the RichTextEditor.

The RichTextEditor should be used in a series 60 application and the highest font size available on a nokia 7650 seems to be 'LatinBold19'.

Is it possible to display a higher font size than 19 by using a zoom factor?

As I am a total beginner (sorry!), where do I have to place the code for that in the example code of the 'Type' Example?

Thank you for your help.
    Kind regards, Lars

Zooming & fonts

It's not a matter of displaying a font larger than Latin19. The idea is that you display Latin19 at a certain zoom level/using a certain zoom factor (TZoomFactor). EZoomOneToOne is 1000. Quartz defines also other TZoomFactor's. Thus: by using a larger zoom factor you would zoom in on the displayed font. Therefore the Latin19 font looks larger (or as a matter of fact should look larger). I experimented a little and on Series 60 it doesn't seem to work. Did you get this working ?

Kind regards,

Rene Heuven
    rene@pcamobile.com
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Hello, Rene,

Thank you for your reply and your inspiration. I already thought it might be something like this, but I have to admit that I decided not to continue my very first steps in c++ development as I do have major difficulties getting used to the OOP way of thinking.

No, I am sorry, I did not get this working at all.

As I was a total beginner to OOP, I did not have any quick and acceptable results. In fact, for me it was not possible to teach myself c++ just with a bare compendium ("Teach yourself c++...").

I will stick to developing flash content for mobile devices then, just hoping that nokia smartphones will soon support flash 6 (nokia 7710 e. g.).

Tot siens, Lars