Discussion Board

Problem with images

Hello.
    I'm using an example Csnapshot that says it saves images in BMP or JPEG format but when I run the program it saves the images in MBM format. I really need to convert these images to BMP or JPEG in my app not in my PC (bmconv). How can I do that ? Please give me a hint or a example. I'm using the 6600's camera plug-in.
    Thanks.

Rui

Nokia Developer Moderator
    check the saving method. In case the saving method is calling Save() directly from the bitmap object, then the format is always mbm.

Anyway check CImageEncoder and implement it for saving jpg & bmp's.

yucca

Thanks!

Hello symbianyucca.
    I used an example from Nokia (CameraApp) that saves images in JPEG format and I got my program running.
    Thank you!

By the way, I am working on getting icons for my app but it seams that the icon on the applications tray must be smaller in bytes than the one inside the app. I just can't define were the icons go to! And another thing, I'm using CW for S60 2.0 and it does not compile if I have a AIF or MBM declaration in the MMP file. I have to compile from the command line and put the files in the correct folders. Do you have some hint to give me about that? I would appreciate it!

Rui Botelho.