Discussion Board

Unknown File Format on Nokia 3200

Hello everybody,
    I wonder if anyone could help out here, I am working on Egypt's vodafone live service. We have a problem with a specific handset, the Nokia 3200.
    We display a license agreement page which causes the handset to issue a "File Format Unknown" message, the page initially contained a lot of text, by elimination i got it down to this small page that seems perfectly valid but causes the handset to issue the same error message.
    The page code is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
    <head>
    <title/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div>
    <span style="{font-size : medium}">u must make such payment as and when required by these Terms: if you do not do so, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Service immediately following any missed, rejected or refused payment.</span>
    <br/>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

You can try it urselves, removing a couple of characters from some words gets it displayed alright but I am wondering what is wrong with this page. I think this will need the input of the developers who developed the xhtml browser for the Nokia 3200

hmmm I noticed 60+ views and no reply Is there anyone from nokia that can give me some insight about this ?
    Anyway, i used a temporary workaround where I changed the text, replaced some words with synonyms. It worked, as silly as it sounds. I still can't believe it!

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

I tested your XHTML page with the Nokia 3200 on our server and could not reproduce the error - the page was shown on the browser with no problem.

Is it possible for you to provide the URL (of the unsuccesful page) on your test server to allow me to test this more?

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support