Discussion Board

RE: 8310, 6310,i drops data session over IR after approx 2 min

On your question - I think the longest connection on IRed I have seen with XP & my 8310 is when I played around with the Synchronise on ... settings, I think having it to synch every session, keeps the phone active? Good luck.

Don
    Have a great day

8310, 6310,i drops data session over IR after approx 2 min

I would appreciate any help or suggestions in solving a problem I have observed with several Nokia phones (8310, 6310,6310i - all with latest firmware) and a particular piece of software, which invokes RAS by creating a rasphone.pbk to establish a GPRS or GSM connection.

The GPRS connection drops after approximatly 2 minutes whether data is actively being downloaded or not. A modem log simply indicates that Carrier Detect has been dropped. It is just as if the IR interface is enabled and the phone is left idle, but never paired/aligned with a PC - it will disable IR after 2 minutes. I have seen the problem on both Win2k (SP2 plus Hotfix) as well as Win XP. However it is not always reproducible on these platforms, and sometimes disappears if you uninstall and reinstall the SP and hotfix. Phones from other vendors do not exhibit the problem.

Strangly when I use a different application (e.g. a straight RAS gprs connection) on the problem PC, there is no disconnect.

I have seen the problem both with Nokia's modem driver for the 8310 as well as with the Microsoft "Standard modem for IR".

I would be very interested in finding a solution to this strange, strange problem! Please let me know if you need more info or have any suggestions as to how I can further debug.

Regards
    Laura