Discussion Board

TextField.PHONENUMBER bug?

Hi,

In my program, I have a TextField that has its constraints set to PHONENUMBER. On some (all?) Series 40 devices, this enables the search function to be able to go through the phone's contact list on the SIM card in order to select a number.

However, occasionally, both I (on my Nokia 6610) and a tester (on a 7250) have had the phone's screen go black, and then the phone resets itself and goes back to the main phone screen on some occasions when selecting an entry in the phone book.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Will a firmware upgrade fix the problem? I am not comfortable releasing the program, knowing i'm likely to get a flood fo support requests because the phone crashes when people try to access this feature.

Regards,

Gabriel

Re: TextField.PHONENUMBER bug?

Hi Gabriel,

I see almost the same behaviour on our end customers' 6212 classic, but on those devices it seems the black outs come every time you select the Search function. You only get to see a short glimpse of your contacts before the phone resets itself.

We're not comfortable with this at all, since our customers are used to the seach functionality and it's working properly on most other devices.

Regards,
    Jonas

Re: TextField.PHONENUMBER bug?

Hi Jonas,

It's been quite some time since I encountered this problem and I've since moved on to other things. If I remember correctly I never did find a solution and I ended up stripping that functionality from the program. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

Gabriel