Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

are all the Ui of symbain the same

are all the Ui of symbain the same! it looks a little simple!

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Nope.

There are very different implementations for example : Series 60 1st edition, Series 80, Series 90, UIQ and Series 60 2nd edition is coming some of these days.

Take a tour with google and you'll find more information about them

yucca

Regular Contributor
    Thanks for your suggestion!
    For the embeded OS system, i have used the vxworks ,linux and wince.net before, but i never used symbian OS system.
    i have some another question to ask you, please do me a favor!
    thanks! first , i wonder which chip the symbian supports, does the symbian OS has the specail limination to the chip structure?
    and, does the symbian can run on other cpu? for example, ppc, mips ,etc!
    Does the symbian is opensouce? which way can i take to know which companonts the symbian included,. Does the symbain have the expansibility?
    So far as i concerned, i think symbian is very good OS, but compare with linux or vxworks, which OS do you think is better?
    or they are not in the same level?
    thx!
    best wishes

Nokia Developer Moderator
    I think you find your answers best by going to www.symbian.com and locating whitepapers from there.

At least the crossing userland and papers about interrupts will have some information of which CPU's the symbian have already been ported. Also the options of getting source code are explained there somewhere.

I also noticed that there is plenty of many thesis papers related to symbian made in past year, and google is excellent for finding them.

yucca