Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Download Series 40 Theme Studio Themes to Phone

I have created a new phone theme for my Nokia 3200 using the Series 40 Theme Studio.

Can anyone explain, or tell me where to find, the procedure for transfering the theme to my phone?

The Theme Studio documentation states:

"After coordinating and previewing the separate elements of a UI theme, you can package them in a single NTH (Nokia THeme) file that is convenient to transfer and easy for a consumer to use. The handset lets the consumer load the NTH file onto the phone without having to change or reformat the file."

But does not describe the process.

Thanks,

Don

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Nokia 3200 doesn't support themes. Nokia 3220 is the first one to support those.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

I checked the specification page for the 3220 and 3200. I did not see where it said specifically that the 3220 supported themes.

Where is the information posted that shows which phones support themes?

Thanks and regards,

Don

NO so call "Nokia Experts" to discussion. We are wetting, & I have Nokia 6230 s40 v2???????????? Does this phone supports themes??????

Please help US

Nokia India says

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,
    This is the Nokia India says,.....

Thank you for your email to Nokia Care.

With reference to your enquiry, please note that you can transfer the themes after creating them to your Mobile phone by using a PC-Suite.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Thank you for your continuous support.

Warm Regards,

Thejasvi Prakash.
    Nokia Care India

Great News

Great News.....

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your email, we understand that your concern is with the transfer of the theme files to Nokia 6230.

Kindly note that you can transfer the theme files from your PC using the 'Application Installer' in the PC Suite via Infrared, Bluetooth or the Data cable (DKU-2). If you are going to use the PC Suite with the Nokia Connectivity Cable DKU-2 (sold separately), you can get the required cable driver from the CD-ROM in the DKU-2 sales package or from the following Nokia weblink:
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,28163,00.html

For online assistance, please visit "ASK Nokia" at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.K
    Nokia Care India

Dum Nokia Care Ppl In India

CHECK WHAT THEY SAYS REGARDING “Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio”

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your enquiry about the features of Nokia 6230,

kindly note that, the following is the procedure for selecting the themes in Nokia 6230,

* Install the theme application using the Application installer from the PC-suite in Nokia 6230.

* Select the application in the application folder in Nokia 6230.

* Select the required theme from the application folder in Nokia 6230.

For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Warm Regards,

Sushma Bhargav
    Nokia Care India

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your email, kindly note that with the Application Installer in your PC Suite it is possible to install the files from your PC to your mobile.

If you are unable to install them we suggest you to take the mobile in question to an authorised service centre of Nokia for further analysis as the fault could be due to a software or hardware issue. The service centre would be able to rectify the fault with a repair or replacement of parts.
    Please be advised that the Nokia limited warranty would be applicable to mobile phone purchased from a Nokia authorised distributor. The warranty is valid for 12 months from date of purchase

For online assistance, please visit "ASK Nokia" at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.K
    Nokia Care India

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Ok, let's clarify this issue. Nokia phones supporting themes created with Series 40 Theme Studio are Nokia 3220 and Nokia 6170. Nokia 6230 doesn't support themes created with this tool.

And I have no idea what "Nokia care India" is talking about.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

How can this Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio 1.0 support Nokia 6170 this software only support 128x128 screens????

nokia s40 tool qute

Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio 1.0 enables creation of UI themes containing wallpaper, screensaver, ringtone and color scheme for compatible Nokia Series 40 handsets and preview them on a 128x128 screen.

unqoute

Re: Nokia India says

Hello sir ,

thanks for ur suggestion but iam also facing the same problem that i have installed pc suite on my system and also i data cable so how can i upload theme 2 my phone 3220......

where 2 go and wat 2 do can u please explain me with this procedure.......

asap
    thanks

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,
    This is the Nokia India says,.....

With reference to your enquiry, please note that you can transfer the themes after creating them to your Mobile phone by using a PC-Suite.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Thejasvi Prakash.
    Nokia Care India
    [/QUOTE]

Re: Download Series 40 Theme Studio Themes to Phone

HI Dude..

if u got the solution can u plez tell me...as iam also facing the same problem and even i have data cable with pc suite installed on my computer...

thanks

Originally posted by dclary
    I have created a new phone theme for my Nokia 3200 using the Series 40 Theme Studio.

Can anyone explain, or tell me where to find, the procedure for transfering the theme to my phone?

The Theme Studio documentation states:

"After coordinating and previewing the separate elements of a UI theme, you can package them in a single NTH (Nokia THeme) file that is convenient to transfer and easy for a consumer to use. The handset lets the consumer load the NTH file onto the phone without having to change or reformat the file."

But does not describe the process.

Thanks,

Don

no theme support for N6230 :(

i also feel the themes for S40 is not supported by the N 6230. But whi is this so??? N 6230 is also a S40 phone.. Correct me if i am wrong...

-- vinay

Super Contributor
    Even with Series 60 phones (where the themes support first came about), themes were no supported until the 6600 and later models. In other words, earlier Series 60 devices - 7650, 3650, 3600, 3620, 3660, N-Gage, N-Gage QD - didn't support themes, but later models did.

Same with the 6230. It is a Series 40 phone, but too old (= without themes support).

Re: Dum Nokia Care Ppl In India

Quote Originally Posted by malinda
    CHECK WHAT THEY SAYS REGARDING �Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio�

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your enquiry about the features of Nokia 6230,

kindly note that, the following is the procedure for selecting the themes in Nokia 6230,

* Install the theme application using the Application installer from the PC-suite in Nokia 6230.

* Select the application in the application folder in Nokia 6230.

* Select the required theme from the application folder in Nokia 6230.

Warm Regards,

Sushma Bhargav
    Nokia Care India

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your email, kindly note that with the Application Installer in your PC Suite it is possible to install the files from your PC to your mobile.

If you are unable to install them we suggest you to take the mobile in question to an authorised service centre of Nokia for further analysis as the fault could be due to a software or hardware issue. The service centre would be able to rectify the fault with a repair or replacement of parts.
    Please be advised that the Nokia limited warranty would be applicable to mobile phone purchased from a Nokia authorised distributor. The warranty is valid for 12 months from date of purchase

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.K
    Nokia Care India
    Maybe you can send me that prgramm?
    I have data cabel and nokia pc suite how can I put theme in nokia 6230??
    Last edited by volcomsk; 2006-01-07 at 09:17.

Unhappy Re: Download Series 40 Theme Studio Themes to Phone

Quote Originally Posted by enstedt
    Hi,

Nokia 3200 doesn't support themes. Nokia 3220 is the first one to support those.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia
    Anything tricky you can do to a 3200 then?
    Thanks