Discussion Board

How can I edit a text file on S60 phones?

I need to change a config file on my S60 phone, I can locate and view it by fexplore, but it can't edit it. Is there other tools can edit text file on phone directly? or is there anyway to change this file?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    basically you shouldn't edit the files, unless you know excatly what format they are and that your app saves them in excatly correct format back to the file.

Anyway, you could use the Fexplorer to send files to your PC and modify them there and then sent them back and replace the original. anyway better to remember to keep temp file of the original, in case there are any problems with the file format.

yucca

Yes, I can send it to my pc, but when I send it back to phone, it is saved as SMS and I can't save it to its original place to replace the old one. Can you tell me how can I replace it using fexplorer or any other tools? Many thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    if you sent it back to your phone, you propably can find it under system/mail folder.

Then just use the Fexplorer cut/copy--paste to put it into the right place, just as you would with your pc explorer.

yucca

This method works.

Many thanks.