Discussion Board

Symbian Dead Soon?

I will repeat my question one last time. If nobody from Nokia still does not answer it, I can just deduce that they all want M$ to win. Don't you have any respect for developers? Could it be that the questions posted here actually might be IMPORTANT for someone (like you, for instance...)? So do your job while you still have one:

"What happened to EikDll::StartDocL() from EPOC 5, when I call it I get a "Not supported" message. Is there a replacement?"

I am REALLY sorry to bug with even more UNDOCUMENTED classes and features of the Symbian API...

Regular Contributor

RE: Symbian Dead Soon?

Hello,

and I am sorry if you haven't get answers to your question earlier. The purpose of this discussion board share knowledge among developers and Nokia is not able to help every single developer. There is also a fee-based support, where you can get personal help.

There is a comment line "Internal to Symbian" in eikdll.h header file. So it can be assumed that it is not meant to be used by developers.

Best Regards,
    Marko / Forum Nokia

RE: Symbian Dead Soon?

The function is still there. Are you calling this while you're already editing a document? That might give you this 'Not Supported' if the app doesn't allow this.