Discussion Board

CEikDialog clipping client area

Hello everybody
    I want my custom control to fill all the client area of the dialog. But the control's window origin (0,0) is slightly - somewhat 5 pixels - lower that dialog's window origin, and also clipping occurs (I tried to make my control's position negative).
    Can I disable this clipping somehow or set control's window size to whole dialog's window size?
    Thanks in advance

Re: CEikDialog clipping client area

can u give provide the code excerpt please

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem with synov.

I also want to remove this some gap between dialog and the window.
    Currently, it is filled with a color fetched from the active Skin.... quite ugly.
    I searched in this forum, now I know there are many people who suffered from this problem, but found no solusion with this. If anyone knows how to deal with this, please help me!

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Regular Contributor

Hmmm, it seems we can remove that space surrounding the dialog box by setting EEikDialogFlagNoBorder flag in the resource file.
    Then, we have to customise the border by ourselves. Though, I am not satisfied with this TGulBorder class.

It does something "Raise" and "Shallow", but for me when I set to "Flat", somehow the bottom line is not displayed. So I have to accept with "Raise"..., though I just want to have a very simple border with one or two pixels rectangle line.... If someone knows the best setting value for such case, it is more than welcome!