Discussion Board

Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio

Any one help me on this, How can I upload themes to the Nokia 6230.

Great News

Great News....

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

Thank you for your email to Nokia Care.

With reference to your email, we understand that your concern is with the transfer of the theme files to Nokia 6230.

Kindly note that you can transfer the theme files from your PC using the 'Application Installer' in the PC Suite via Infrared, Bluetooth or the Data cable (DKU-2). If you are going to use the PC Suite with the Nokia Connectivity Cable DKU-2 (sold separately), you can get the required cable driver from the CD-ROM in the DKU-2 sales package or from the following Nokia weblink:
    http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,28163,00.html

For online assistance, please visit "ASK Nokia" at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Thank you for your continuous support.

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.K
    Nokia Care India

Hi malinda,

since the Application Installer supports only .jar files I renamed my theme to 1.nth.jar and copied it. But my phone (6230) can not handle it

Did it work for you?

Chris

It did not work for me too!!

But Nokia Care India, say that way????

My phone has fimware version 3.15. Maybe this feature is added in later versions.

I gave up. In my opinion the Theme Studio is not compatible to the 6230 at this time.

Dum Nokia Care Ppl In India

CHECK WHAT THEY SAYS REGARDING “Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio”

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your enquiry about the features of Nokia 6230,

kindly note that, the following is the procedure for selecting the themes in Nokia 6230,

* Install the theme application using the Application installer from the PC-suite in Nokia 6230.

* Select the application in the application folder in Nokia 6230.

* Select the required theme from the application folder in Nokia 6230.

For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Warm Regards,

Sushma Bhargav
    Nokia Care India

Dear Mr. Savanadasa,

With reference to your email, kindly note that with the Application Installer in your PC Suite it is possible to install the files from your PC to your mobile.

If you are unable to install them we suggest you to take the mobile in question to an authorised service centre of Nokia for further analysis as the fault could be due to a software or hardware issue. The service centre would be able to rectify the fault with a repair or replacement of parts.
    Please be advised that the Nokia limited warranty would be applicable to mobile phone purchased from a Nokia authorised distributor. The warranty is valid for 12 months from date of purchase

For online assistance, please visit "ASK Nokia" at our website http://www.nokia.co.in

Warm Regards,

Lavanya.K
    Nokia Care India

It's still unclear

It's still unclear how to upload the themes. Application loader do not support this kind of file and I don't think that you can just rename the file, it is not supposed to work like this.

So I still looking for a way to do this. If somebody know how or did it somehow please answer this.

Nokia 3220 supports Series 40 themes

Nokia 3220 is one of the first phones that supports UI themes on the Series 40 side (using the .nth format). Nokia 6230 does NOT support themes.

You should be able to download the themes to the handset by putting the theme up on an Apache server and downloading it to the handset; or using a compatible version of the PC Suite once the handset is out.

Also do note the UI themes created using Series 40 Theme Studio and Series 60 Theme Studio are quite different in format and components.

-Vishu

i heard that the s40 themes studio does not work with the 6230 but i read that i should install the themes application!!!!
    but the themes application(.jar) is 10 mb how can it be installed???
    thanks

Problem persists I suppose?

Hi,

I Also have the same problem. But the Theme development software's guide says that you have to download it from a website. It doesnt mention about anyother method. Renaming the files to jar wouldn't work anyway, the files are of different format.

Let me reiterate - Nokia 6230 does NOT support themes. People may be confusing that with 6230i, which does support themes.

On theme supporting phones like 6230i, 3220, 6101, 7270, 6170, etc (see handset guidelines doc in the Series 40 Theme Studio download page), you can download the theme (sample.nth) from the a webpage, or by memory card or BT, etc.

I am not commenting on the jar file mechanism.

-Vishu

Re: Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio

Quote Originally Posted by patslaiby
    i heard that the s40 themes studio does not work with the 6230 but i read that i should install the themes application!!!!
    but the themes application(.jar) is 10 mb how can it be installed???
    thanks
    so...does anyone know the answer to this question? and yes..i know someone who bought a n 6230 from someone else..and the phone had themes...so it DOES work on the 6230 ..the problem is...How do i install the themes application (10MB) ..the phone has only 2-3MB available for applications..help?

I can't upload themes to my handy (6280) It always says error and it can't open the file...
    anyone an idea what i have to do to make it work?

plz give me serial number