Discussion Board

Thread: NMC 2.0 Hangs

NMC 2.0 Hangs

I've tried converting a Unprocessed AVI and a Xvid AVI using NMC but it always hangs at 100% at Preprocessing video... Does anyone has any infomation? I'm running Windows XP Professional and I'm sure my PC is capable of running a encode. I've preprocess the file in VirtualDub to 'cut' it. There's no problem with the header and stuff. Can Nokia Dev Team look into the problem?

same problem

Hi,
    I am having the same problem.
    size of divxinput video is about 800Megs
    I will give it today 24 hours, and hope that is only a long process. also having XP Pro, and an AMD with 2,8GHz and 1 GB Ram

I'll be awaiting your results. No one here has any ideas I suspose. Maybe Nokia should recommand us another program.

hung windows

I returned 8 hours later to the machine. It was hung by the program. No output file was createt, thus it used 99% cpu all the time

I think I found a work around. Try to burn the AVI and stuff as a VCD with Nero on to a Image Recorder, than using NMC convert the .DAT on the virtual 'VCD". It works for me but I only test on a 18mb file.

Other product.....

Very sat that nokia mmc doesnt work. But I have read some forums on the net and figured out that some people use Quicktime Pro 6.5+ to encode into 3gpp.

After finding a colleague who has a 6.5 license, I tried converting that 800Megs video.
    I Was suprised. It took 30 minutes and after that I had a 30 megs 3gpp file.

Just wanted to let you know

Workaround working

Hi,
    your Nero tip works fine for me too. But takes some time longe.
    Also the audio quality is somewhat lower. I will try out some conversions and codec configurations and will post my results.