Discussion Board

Development for Nokia Digital Pen SU-1B

Hello :-)

I work at a University where we plan to use a digital pen for an exam. We would very much like to ensure that students don't switch pens. Elaboration: We have a number of identical pens (Nokia) and would like to make sure that each pen can be used on one single computer only. The pens each have a unique pen ID and possibly serial nr. that is can be read by software (the software control panel of the pen does this).

Question 1: Do you know of any existing software that might accomplish this task?

Question 2: If not, what available tools and SDKs are the for the Digital Pen? I only managed to find the anoto stuff which appears very expensive (1000$+). And where might I find protocol / other specs for the pen allowing me to code the stuff myself.

thank you very much for your help - any comments regarding the problem are very welcome :-)

Jacob Thamsborg

Hi Jacob,

information on the Anoto development tools that enables you to develop a PC application can be found here:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-281,00.html

The API in the Anoto PC SDK will expose the pen ID for your application.

BR
    Magnus Hollström
    Anoto AB

Really.
    Warning to all potential buyers of a digital pen...
    If you plan to use it for yourself, at home or at work, forget about it: ANOTO will charge a few 1000s $ to enable you to design & print the most basic form!
    So, for serious personal use it is almost useless.

It is a shame to sell the pen without a minimum of useful software. I regret to have paid for it.

Alain C. Reis
    Netherlands