Discussion Board

how to develop an application similar to the Contacts application

Hi All,

I want to develop an application(User Interface) similar to the "Contacts" application on the Nokia Communicator. How do I go about doing the same? Is there any example code available for reference? I am using compound controls for the same. But I am unable to dynamically add the contacts to the view. Could someone throw some light on this.

Thx

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: how to develop an application similar to the Contacts application

Hi,

The Compound Control sample application on the Symbian download section is a good reference for you to create a Listbox with Search field and adding items to a listbox dynamically. To deal with the contact database, please refer to APIs references, found from SDK's Help with the "contact" keyword. Currently, we have no sample code for handling the contact database.

Regards,
    FN Developer Support

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: how to develop an application similar to the Contacts application

Hi,

Please temporarily use Netscape to download files if you dont have IE V5.50 with SP2 or newer. Or read the FAQ below:

Q: I can't download a file using Internet Explorer version 5.5. Instead of the file, my browser downloads and saves an html page containing the legal disclaimer page content.
    A: This problem occurs only with Internet Explorer 5.5 and Service Pack 1. This browser can't properly handle HTTP headers used in the Forum Nokia download process. Please try following: accept the disclaimer -> choose Cancel on File Download dialog box -> right-click the Download this file button on the thank you page and choose the Save Target As option from the pop-up menu. We also recommend you to update your browser to a newer version. For more information, please see the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base article <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281119> on the issue.

Regards,
    FN Developer Support