Discussion Board

Series80 with CodeWarrior

Hi there!

When trying to compile examples from the SDK I get these error messages:

"Specified file 'KCommonFeatureLast' not found

Error : Compile failed"

What's up with that?!

I have the latest version of the SDK and Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Symbian Personal 2.5.

The "KCommonFeatureLast" seems to be from a command line for the compiler in the xml-file for the project, that is used during the import from mmp to mcp process. I don't know where this information is stored after that and editing the xml-file seems, not surprisingly, to be useless.

I could really use some help with this, thanks in advance! :)

Ok, so it's definitely a command line for the compiler that's the problem.

Under "WINSCW UDEB Settings... / Symbian Target" there is an "Additional Command Line" field with lots of arguments that are not recognized. By editing it and removing a bunch of arguments I can get it to compile, but I have no idea what it might affect by removing those. Also it's really annoying to have to edit (well, copy & paste at least) this command line every time I import a new project.

Seems like this could be something Nokia forgot to remove from the Series90 SDK when they converted it to Series80... just a guess. But you start to wonder if Nokia really tested this SDK with CodeWarrior before release (although this is even supposed to be the CoderWarrior version of the SDK).

Here's how the command line looks like unedited:

"-d __HELP -d __JAVA_CONFIGURATION_80 -d BLDVARIANT_HRH -d __MIDI -d KS90FeatureFirst KCommonFeatureLast + 1 -d __AMR_NB -d __AMR_WB -d KFeatureIdHelp KS90FeatureFirst + 12 -d KFeatureIdChinese KS90FeatureFirst + 10 -d __AAC -d KFeatureIdMidi KS90FeatureFirst + 11 -d __DRM -d __WLAN -d KFeatureIdWLan KS80FeatureFirst + 1 -d __KEYBOARD -d __MP3 -d KFeatureIdKeyboard KS90FeatureFirst + 13 -d KS80FeatureFirst KS90FeatureFirst + 1000 -d __BT_AUDIO"

It's most of those *Feature*-constants that are messing up things.

Here's the command line that works for me:

"-d __HELP -d __JAVA_CONFIGURATION_80 -d BLDVARIANT_HRH -d __MIDI -d __AMR_NB -d __AMR_WB -d KFeatureIdHelp -d KFeatureIdChinese -d __AAC -d KFeatureIdMidi -d __DRM -d __WLAN -d KFeatureIdWLan -d __KEYBOARD -d __MP3 -d KFeatureIdKeyboard -d __BT_AUDIO"

Nokia, please... could you fix this ASAP?!
    Last edited by movax420; 2004-07-02 at 14:09.