Discussion Board

sending sms to a mobile from PC

I am currently working on a educational project and I need to send SMS to a mobile from my application. For the prototype, I don't actually need to use a mobile distributor.
    I know it is possible to send messages to a mobile via a serial cable connected to the PC. Oher options would be to use a GSM modem or an operator gateway.
    Does anyone have any recommendation on which would be the best option and also most economic?
    I have been talking to different networks and mobile distributers to arrange some type of agreement but this is still ongoing...

thanks,
    glfeisser

One alternate way

Hello friend im also on the same goal as u as i need to recieve an sms store it in a database & then autogenerate an sms to reply back to the customer.For this i have an idea to access the folders inbox/outbox created when installing the nokia PC suite but i dont know how to access these folders as they are not part of the drives like "C:,D:". If u or anyone in the forum can sought it out then ill be very thankfull.

You could write a Python program on PC, and download and use the Ptyhon serial package.

We have an application that does this on Unix, and the serial layer works on PC also.

Thanks but any sol in java or vb please

Thanks for the reply but if anyone can help me in java/vb then it would be very usefull as i havent sudied python till now.