Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Menu Key & Hangup key

What happends when a user 'Presses Menu' in the middle of game play? what about with hangup? What happens if a call occurs during a game. Are there any cases that I am missing?

Oh yes, how do I get the MIDlet to install into the game folder? I added the following to the .jad file:
    Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Game,
    and had a friend download it with on the 3650 but it didn't install into the game menu it installed into the app menu.

I don't have a phone to test with.

thanks,
    Last edited by earamsey; 2004-07-05 at 00:23.

Regular Contributor
    For the game menu:

Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Game

Try putting it at the end of the jad file.
    I have found that the order of items in the .jad can stop some fields from being read.

Will only go into the games folder if download over the air, bluetooth/cable/IR will all put it in the app folder.

Regular Contributor
    I already put 'Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Game' at the end of the .jad file. it's still going into the app folder. I'm am downloading the game from internet server.

I'm lost. wireless toolkit ktoolbar generates the .jad file and it's correctly place it.

what now?

Super Contributor
    The game folder attribute only works on Series 30 and 40 devices. It has no effect on Series 60. So you have no way of installing directly to the games folder. I believe that you can use a file manager to move the app after installation (haven't tried it though).

shmoove