Discussion Board

Sprite GameCharacter Movement & Sprite Deletion

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone of you know how to delete a sprite when another sprite collides with it. I seem to know about the collision detection part but i can't seem to be able to delete the sprite when colliding. Can the sprite be deleted at all? I can only set it invisible. can anyone give me any advices or suggestions?

Another question is, how can i make a sprite gamecharacter move to the center of the canvas and halt at a point while it moves along the landscape. Do i need to fix its X coordinate and allow the y coordinate to run as usual? Is there a method in doing this?

Please... I need help right away. Reply to this topic if you understand my problem. Thanks.

> Can the sprite be deleted at all?

Exactly what do you want to do?
    Do you want to make part of your image transparent?
    Do you want to repaint the background at the place of your sprite?

> while it moves along the landscape

I guess you are refering to a scrolling map. If that is so, you need to completly repaint the map part of the canvas in order to scroll it.

Sprite GameCharacter Movement & Sprite Deletion

I mean that GameCharacter moves with the screen. The landscape did not move at all. What is moving is the screen.

Is there any way of doing this at all?

I currently have working codes that moves the landscape not the screen. My GameCharacter was fixed on the center of the screen while the landscape (Y Coordinate) moves left or right. I'm using byte array to construct the landscape which has up and down slopes.