Discussion Board

s40 2.0 / 3220 fun shell - api / sdk ?!

hey,
    what about that so-called "fun shell" enabling air messages & game control on s40 2.0 phones by acceleration/tilt sensors?!
    (http://nokia.com/nokia/0,,58227,00.html)

does anyone know whether there's yet an sdk for accessing those shells (like this one or the GPS extension) ?
    (found nothing in tools & sdk's section; so when will it be out?!? *g* :-P)

as there are 2 preinstalled Java-Games and an app for creating LED-messages, this gotta be possible somehow... ;-)

(*lol* might be fun to say "this is a game i created you can control by moving & tilting your phone..." then, looking at a wondering face, you add: "oh, sure,... the hardware you need for tah will be out in two months..." :-P )

*rofl*

success in using it?

Have you had success in using the funshell? I can't get my hello-world to install on my 3220 - I keep getting a security-based access exception. This, despite paying $200 USD for a certificate from Thawte, signing the midlet, and listing datagram among the required classes in the security bit of the jad.

Red face Re: s40 2.0 / 3220 fun shell - api / sdk ?!

I currently don't own a 3220 or 5140 with Fun Shell (and actually don't intend to get one, just for testing...)
    And since there's no emulator for that (or is there?! I didn't find any ;-) and MIDlets have to be signed, I think hardly anyone ever developed a 'real' game for that?! :-/

(and it's even more than a year ago now... so this was just another of Nokia's in fact quite nice ideas, that never really made it through to the larger market!? hm... :-/ )