Discussion Board

A weired problem on Nokia 3650

It sounds weired. The J2me application I developed runs well on my Nokia 3650, but always get Illegal State Exception when it runs on another Nokia 3650. Can you help?

BTW, the application runs well on S60 emulator.

Regular Contributor
    Sounds like you are talking about two differnt versions of the firmware. Did they ever actually release a 3650 phone with MIDP 2.0? I know they were planning on it. If its not that its just some weird bug difference between the firmwares, see if you can isolate the bug alittle better.

Unfortunately, if my application desen't work on any model in S60, it's supposed to be a bug in my application

Regular Contributor
    Figure out where the bug is coming from, illegal state exceptions allways come from API calls, the first things I would look at are:
    -sound API usage
    -recordstore calls (perhaps you are trying to access a recordStore that has already been closed)
    -calling a dead graphics object
    Things like that.

Hi sam.hendley,

The problem was caused by sound play, right as what you said. Thank you very much for your help.

Could you recommend a doc in which I can find some examples of FORMAT_TONE sound play for S60?

Regular Contributor
    There is one in nokias documentation I beleive. Also try posting in the java->sound fourm