Discussion Board

streaming on 3650 doesn't work

hello!
    for making the first stream-experiments i've downloaded the trial of the helix mobile producer as well as the helix server. Everything works fine as long as I open the clip in my browser on the pc.
    when i try to open the .ram file on may 3650 it is connecting to the real media player on the phone but after a while it goes in time out without ever open the first frame.
    I think I'v tried all possibile output options which the mobile producer offers - but no way! :-(
    what do i miss?
    any help is appreciated!
    many thanks in advance!
    edith

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

Do you use "internet" as an access point? There shouldn't be any other parameters defined than data bearer and access point name.

And also what was the codec you used to encode those videoclips with Mobile Producer?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

3GPP for streaming

hi!
    many thanks for your quick reply.
    I've tried 3GPP for streaming (15 K, h.263 and amr-nb - GPRS) as well as Real Media (15 - 25 K Sure Stream, RV8 and RA8). Both didn't work.
    Sorry my ignorance - I didn't perfectly understand what you mean with access point "internet"...
    Do you mean the settings of the Real One Player (actually MMS GPRS Vodafone)?
    Regards
    Edith

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

Oh, you're in the Vodafone network. That might be the problem. At least in the past Vodafone hasn't allowed it's customers to use streaming in their network. I'm not sure what's the case today.

Anyway, we can try. It definitely doesn't work with MMS access point, you've used. Here's the settings for the "internet" access point:

Go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Connection -> Access points -> Options -> New access point -> Use default settings

- Connection name: Internet
    - Data bearer: GPRS
    - Access point name: internet

Leave everyting else as it is. Then configure the RealOne player to use these settings.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hello Ensted!

Thank you very much again for your help! Unfortunately it doesn't work with "Internet" either :-(

Of course you won't get any official information from vodafone...

Is there any known workaround? I've tried to download the oplayer - it doesn't work neither with the Italian Vodafone SIM. It did with the UK Vodafone SIM.

What's wrong in Italy... ?

Bye,

Edith