Discussion Board

how do i set up the emulator to connect to the internet

hi guys ,
    i need some help here,i have already installed the ethernet plugin for series 60 plugins which enable to connect to the internet.
    i did try out the emulator ,using the services to test out if i'm coneccted to the internet via a LAN.too bad it doesnt work ??

does anybody know whats the problem.. suddenly my win xp turn to blue screen. some IRQ error...

i did try out the socket example and http example but it didnt show any result ... is there anyone can help me out to explain the step by step of configuring the emulator to internet

thanks a lot

Regular Contributor
    download the Ethernet_Plug_in.zip from forum nokia.

Ash

hlep me,how to connect to internet

do you success in connecting to the intenert ?plz help me ,i want to connect the emulator to internet using ethernet .

symbian 7.0s series 60 sdk 2.0 windows 2000

after i install the Ethernet_Plug_in, i run httpexampleclient.exe to get the httP://localhost/ (127.0.0.1),but i get error -1. what i should do else?please give me some advice?
    thanks!!

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

I have succeed in connecting the emulator to the LAN using the ethernet plug-in.

Reply back if you have any queries,

Cheers,
    Sunil

Super Contributor
    Just a small comment. "-1" generally means that the resource you request (file, etc..) is not available...

Can anyone explain if there is any method to get HTTP connection from the emulator in Symbian SDK 2.0 either by ethernet or NTRAS or mrouter methods.

In the installation readme it is mentioned only ntras method can be used

Thanking you,
    Laila

Regular Contributor
    Hi Laila,

I know only about the ethernet methods and that too the emulator is working fine only with the Series60 2.1 version.

Reply back if you are using SDK 2.1version and want to connect using ethernet card.

Regards,
    Sunil

Nokia Developer Expert

internet connection for sdk2.0

hi,
    i too had problem in connecting emulator with internet using sdk2.0.Now i had solved the problem.Follow through the instructions given in this link.And i suppose this will solve u r problem.
    http://koti.utanet.fi/~figu/networkhowto/
    Thanking You,
    Anoop